Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Took the photoImage via Wikipedia
"HAVE A DIVA-licious DAY"


I received this article from one of my fashion sources and I decided to share.  The article is about wearing Black fingernail polish, which believe it or not, I do happen to like the look.  I am not especially fond of the look in the article but I did see an article with another model and her nails where short and square and she had black nail polish on it look very nice.
Of course I realize that the color black on the nails is not everyones cup of tea, and when we think of black nails we automatically think Goth.  But it actually can look very classy and elegant if done correctly and worn at a length that is short.  So if you have never tried this look maybe your should, my moto is nothing ventured nothing gained. Enjoy the article.



The truth is that it is a trend that I like, and favors me most of the time, but you have to be careful. It is a look that can be super elegant, but if you're not careful, it could be the opposite.



So in today's tip I will tell you some secrets so that you don't make any mistakes:



Wear your nails short and well filed.

If you have small hands, file your nails long to make the fingers appear finer.

If you are wearing dark nails, make sure that they are always impeccable; there is nothing less glamorous than wearing broken nails, especially if they are dark because it will be more noticeable.

Also dark matte colors, they favor less than the ones that are glossy, (you can apply a gloss layer on top).

Always apply nail protector, because dark colors can get your nails dirty.

If you are using dark nail polish, go changing the style with a lighter varnish, and let your nails rest a couple days per week








MeChelle

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: